Job Description / Summary
The drive away driver will safely drive vehicles to and from various locations.
FLSA – Non-Exempt, Part-Time Variable Hours, typically 28 hours or less a week.
Responsibilities of a drive away driver:
- Drive vehicles as dispatched to you in a safe and lawful manner
- Complete required paperwork accurately and legibly
- Maintain professional, courteous & respectful behavior for customers & co-workers at all times.
- Perform detailed vehicle inspections
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to drive a variety of vehicles
- Other duties as assigned supervisor
Qualifications and Physical Demands
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with an acceptable MVR
- Minimum age of Twenty-two (22) years
- Be able to frequently: walk long distances, bend, stoop, sit for long durations, climb in and out of transport vans and vehicles. Must possess the ability to manually manipulate with hands, arms and legs the vehicle’s controls for safe operation. Be able to push, pull and/or move up to 40 lbs. of equipment, example; Battery charging cart on grass, gravel or pavement.
- Drivers must be able to speak and read English well enough to understand highway traffic signs and to converse with law enforcement
- Work Environment: outdoors in all types of weather, moving in and out of all types of vehicles
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.